Saturday, April 12, 2014

Nine.

Rae's POV
Tonight is the annual charity event that Brooks Orpik's wife puts on at the bowling alley. I'm in a nasty bowling tshrt, naming me as Sidney's, but otherwise the night isn't half bad. This is one of the rare event during the season that Sidney actually has a good time with, and it shows. He's beaming at the kids that are bowling on the same lane as him, and it makes me realize what a good dad he will be when I finally get pregnant.
 
I stick to the shadows, talking when called upon, because tonight is about the kids, not me. If I'm being honest, I don't mind that in the least.
 
I head over to get a drink, where I find Olli Maatta doing the same. We talk briefly, and I have to admit; the kid's funny. He has me laughing in no time. It's also at that moment that I can feel someone starring at me. I look around the room and find Sidney's eyes locked in on mine. He excuses himself, as it's not his turn to bowl, and heads over to us. Olli nods hello before heading back to his own game.
 
"Hey," I say, offering him my water. He takes a big drink before sighing.
 
"I'm sorry," he replies. "That made me more jealous than it should have." I can still see the jealousy in his eyes, and not that I'd ever try to make him jealous on purpose, but everyone likes feeling important.
 
"He's just a kid, Sidney."
 
"I was just a 'kid' once too." I find his statement a little bit offensive, but I know what he means.
 
"I don't think I treated you like a kid though," I reply. Because he's standing facing away from the crowd of the room, I pull at his belt and give him one of my most innocent smiles. He growls, staring me directing in the eyes, making it clear to me what will happen when we get home, before taking another drink and heading back to his game,
 
Yes, a little bit of jealousy isn't bad at all.
 
Sid's POV

I sit on the couch dumbfounded, allowing her to steal the bowl of popcorn back from me. "I cannot  believe that just happened," I admonish while the credits start to play. "He was the only honorable one out of all of them, and they just chop his head off? I hate the Lannisters."  She giggles, and even though it's a sound I love, I can't get the frown off of my face as I turn to face her

"When you play the Game of Thrones, you either win, or you die," she shrugs, shoveling another scoop of popcorn into her mouth.

"How can you be eating right now," I half shout, taking her legs that are draped over mine and pinning them down with my outside arm, tickling her midsection while she squirms. When I finally stop, she's still halfway underneath me. I don't move; I like her in this position. "That little bitch of a King killed Ned."

"I know," she laughs again, making her breasts rise and fall, and I can't help but notice. "If you would have read the books first, this wouldn't be such a shock to you."

"Why would I want to read a book like that?" I ask, moving back to my normal upright position, needing to put some space between us. Trying to behave and gain her trust as a friend is hard. "The Lannisters have zero redeeming qualities and they are in control of everything."

"Sometimes, it's about watching people on their journey to developing redeeming qualities."

"Excellent," I scoff, "I can't wait to start season two."

Rae's POV

"You'll watch season two," I smile, getting up off the couch and tossing the remaining popcorn in the trash before rinsing out the bowl and putting it in the dishwasher. "You'll have to see if the Stark's get revenge."

"Do the Stark's get revenge?"

"I'm not going to tell you," I laugh, walking around the room divider and changing into work clothes, which happen to consist of penguins gear; it's game day after all. As I walk back toward the living room he's tossing the blanket we were using, that is now folded, over the back of the couch before picking up our cups and dumping them out in the sink. I smile before continuing into the room.

"When are you going to let me get you tickets to a Penguins game?" he asks. I think about telling him that I can't afford to go, but know that that isn't a an option I will ever choose. He'd want to help, of course. But the reality of it is that I work every game day that doesn't interfere with school because with the café being so close to the arena, the tips are amazing.

"When you read a book of mine," I counter, going over toward the coat rack and grabbing my hat and putting it on before turning back to him.

"Deal."

"Yeah?" I ask while he walks toward the door, nodding his head. I pull my boots on, put my gloves on, and then he helps me into my coat. After I'm all set, I reach into my purse and pull out my kindle, handing it over to him. "Any book on here." He takes it into his hands, just starring at it.

"Can I at least take the pink cover off of it?"

I nod my head yes, laughing to myself  before heading out the door, Sidney following closely. We're half way down the stairs before he speaks up.

"I wish you'd let me drive you for once, it is snowing after all."

Sidney's POV

"Yeah, baby girl, let him drive you," the guy lumbering up the steps interjects. I look over at Rae, and she's smiling. He continues up the stairs and then gives her a kiss on the cheek.

"Sidney, this is Derek. I'd introduce you to him, but he already knows exactly who you are," she smiles. We shake hands and exchange pleasantries, but I'm seething. I can only pray the whole thing is almost over as we continue down the stairs.

"If you want to stop by after work Rae, I'll have supper done at 7," Derek calls down to us.

"Alright, I'll bring pie from the café for desert," she replies.

We continue down the stairs to the front door and she reaches up and hugs me goodbye before stepping out into the snow and heading to work. As I'm walking to my car all I can help but think is 'What do I do now?'

Rae's POV

After getting off of work, I head over to Derek's apartment, which is exactly beside mine. As planned, he has supper ready, so all I have to do is take a seat and watch what is left of the second period of the Penguins game. It doesn't take long for me to pick up on the vibes that Sid is putting off. He's normally scrappy, but tonight it seems like he's just asking for trouble.

"Girlfriend, he's sexy when he's all broody," Derek states, staring at me and waiting for my response. He's waiting for me to argue otherwise, but I can't.

"I know," is all I can muster while nodding my head.

"Are you not going to tell me about that big booty of his then?" he continues.

"Derek!" I laugh, reaching over to slap his arm.

"What!" he chuckles. "I saw it straining against those jeans he had on today. All muscle?" I put my hands up to my face, covering my eyes. My best friend can embarrass me in two seconds flat. "Don't tell me you don't know, or I will kick you out of this apartment right now. How many times have I seen him coming from your apartment, and you haven't gotten any yet?"

"I mean I did, but it was only once, and it was a couple of months ago," I confess. I look over and see him shaking his head. "What?" I ask. "He couldn't be more 'off-limits'. He lives with my boss."

"That didn't stop you the first time," he smirks before thankfully letting the subject rest.

The third period isn't going well and the Penguins are loosing 5-1, so after I finish eating I head back to my apartment, shower, and then immediately get into bed.

I'm woken up to the sound of fists pounding on my door. I reach for my glasses, glance at the clock at see that it's almost midnight before I hear the second set of pounding.

I get out of bed, making my way over to the door and looking to see who it is before opening it.

"Sidney?" I ask while swinging the door open, immediately blinding by the lights flooding in from the hallway. He pushes in past me before heading over to the couch, where he starts pacing instead of sitting down.

I close the door and turn around, finding his eyes locked on me. It's after he looks me up and down that I realize I'm in just an over sized t-shirt. My hands immediately go toward it's edge and pull at the length a little, which makes him apologize.

"I'm sorry, I should have called first," he says while running his fingers through his still damp hair. "I'm just so jealous I can't think straight."

"Jealous of what?" I ask, closing the gap between us by about half.

"How'd your dinner date go?" he scoffs, starting to pace again. "I've wanted to take you out for months."

"Sidney," I laugh, walking over toward him and straightening his tie, because it's terribly crooked. "Derek is gay."

"Gay?"

"Ohhh yeahhhh," I answer with a smile, sitting down on the couch. Sidney follows my move and sits down next to me, and I have to admit that I like the way his hand feels on my bare knee. He stares down at his shoes for a good ten seconds before finally looking at me. I reach up and push his hair out of his face, and I let my hand linger there; it's the first mistake of many on my part, because when he leans down to kiss me, I don't push him away. In fact, I find my self reaching for the tie of his I had just straightened and pull him down toward me, opening my legs so he fits perfectly on top of me.

I hook my legs around his back, pulling him closer to me, and he deepens the kiss just like I hoped he might. His hands move from my hair, to my chest, and then down further, where his fingers rub me over my panties.

I groan , closing my eyes as my hips betray me and push against his hand. He then stops kissing me and instead stares down at me. His hand stops and my eyes pop open, only to find him pushing my panties aside, and I think yes, I like this much better, until he stops just as soon as he started. He kisses my neck, making me push up against him again.

"If you intend on making me stop tonight, this is where I draw the line," he groans, pushing his erection against my tender folds. "Or I won't be able to stop."

I think about what he's telling me before kissing him lightly and then pushing him into a sitting position again. I sit there for a moment myself, both of us seemingly gasping for breath before getting up and walking toward my bed. I get halfway there before taking my shirt off and tossing it over the couch for him to see. It doesn't take long for him to get the point and chase me toward my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment