Sunday, October 9, 2011

Three.

Sorry for the wait. There is no apology big enough to make up for a year of no posts. :|

Sid's POV

Tuesday finally comes, and I'm thrilled to get back home after two good, solid wins. Sometimes I wish things were like they use to be with Rae getting to come along to all the road games, but naturally that had to come to an end. She was given an ultimatum; keeping her internship, or me. I was of course overjoyed when she picked me.

Sometimes, I couldn't help but wonder if she ever resented me for it. Don't get me wrong, I love Rae and I know that she loves me, but when I first met her she was going places. At the age of 22 she had gotten an internship in the Penguins legal department, of course bringing her to me. Never again in my life do I ever think I will thank a cop as much as I do for that day.

I could hear Pat mumbling underneath his breath as I followed him through the doors to legal, who I know wouldn't be impressed either. Okay, so maybe I shouldn't have been driving quite so fast, but I had my reasons. One thing was certain though, I was NEVER going to admit to driving so fast because even though I'd been in town for months I still got lost and because of that I was running late. I'm conjuring the biggest lie I can think of when I finally spot my eyes on her.

She's standing behind Larry, the normal guy I deal with for things like this, with her notebook clutched close to her chest with a pen in her hand, ready to take notes at any given minute. She's absolutely breath-taking. She's wearing a tight high waisted pencil skirt that leaves nothing to my imagination with a loose green blouse that is tucked in with a jacket over it. I look down and she's got the tallest high heels I think I've ever seen before and my mouth automatically goes dry. After taking inventory I look back up at her pretty face framed with glasses; at how her luscious brown hair is gently pulled back from her face. It's then that I notice her electric green eyes, focusing on me. That's when I realize I've totally just checked her out up and down, and everyone in the room has noticed. I clear my throat, hoping that my face doesn't turn red.

"We have a little bit of a problem," Pat says, starring directly at me while talking to Larry. "It seems there has been a little bit of a miscommunication."

"Don't give that line of bullshit to me, Pat," Larry laughs. "What has the boy done now?"

GREAT! Not only does he call me boy in that condescending tone, but he makes it sound like I'm just such an issue. I can almost feel my checks want to flame red again. Pat cuts the crap and answers him.

"He was going 85 mph in a 70 speed limit. He got pulled over and got a ticket. I need it to disappear. It's not going to look good if 'The Boy Wonder' has a need for speed. What part of that says good ol' canadian boy?" Pat asks. When nobody replies he answers himeself, "nothing."

"Well Pat, I'm actually headed out to lunch. But this is something that Rae should be able to handle," Larry sighs nonchalantly while gesturing to the goddess behind him. "She's my new intern, and she needs all the practice she can get."

A few more comments are made bewteen Pat and Larry but I can't focus on them, I'm too busy looking at her again. She has a mousy look about her, and I like it. Before I know it the two men are walking out of the door and Rae is sitting down in the big chair at the desk.

"Take a seat if you'd like, Mr. Crosby," she says while placing the sweetest smile on her face.

"You can call me Sidney or Sid if you want," I reply with a smile. "Mr. Crosby is my dad." And suddenly I'm mortified again. I literally want to kick myself as the number one rule of talking to older girls flashes into my mind; never talk about your parents.

"Alright, Sidney," she says with a chuckle before looking down at the ticket the police officer issued me. "85 in a 70, huh? Why so fast?"

"I was in a bit of a hurry," I mumble. "I was running late."

"Oversleep?" she questions, which is yes, the most logical answer. It actually sounds plausible.

"Not exactly," I answer. And suddenly I'm pissed at myself, because it was a good lie and I ruined it for myself all because I can't seem to make myself lie to her. She seems too pure for that, almost like she'd be able to decipher any lie I told her anyways. "I got lost," I continue, feeling as if I need to explain myself. She looks up at me so I go on. "I've only been in town a couple of months and I'm still getting use to things I guess," I add on, adverting my gaze to the floor.

"I know. Congratulations on going first in the draft," she replies with a genuine smile. "Now, about this ticket," she continues, looking back at the evidence of my speeding issue while her brow creases in concentration.

I can only think to myself, 'Oh man, I'm in trouble.'

I slide out of my car, grabbing the single flower I bought for her before returning home and head into the house.

"Rae?" I call out after dropping my bag by the door. When she doesn't answer I know she's got to be downstairs. I jog down the stairs, taking two at a time. When I finally reach the bottom I see her jogging on the treadmill, ear phones in place while watching Ellen.

I walk up behind her, turning the treadmill off and relishing when I see her eyes light up.

"You're home," she squeaks while taking her head phones out and jumping into my arms. I hug her, holding her close and taking in the sent of her apple scented hair. She pulls back and gives me a kiss and I feel that tingle deep in my chest every time her lips touch mine.

"For my lady," I offer in a gentlemanly tone while holding up the flower to her.

"Oh Sidney," she gushes, taking it from me and jumping back into my arms. "I've missed you," she says while pressing her lips to mine again. "I haven't had anyone to snuggle with at night," she pouts, running her arms down and over my biceps. I flex for good measure and I can see the desire seeping into her eyes. As much as I'd love nothing more than to drag her upstairs and have my way with her, I also know that we'd be late. She kisses me again before planting a line of kisses down my neck while her hands slip into the front pockets of my jeans, hungrily pulling me closer.

"Babe," I start while she continues her assault on my neck. "We'll be late if you keep this up," I growl.

"Late where?" she asks, looking up at me with those glasses on with a mischievous look on her face, automatically making my dick get hard.

"We're going out with the guys for lunch, remember?" Automatically I feel her stiffen in my arms; she didn't remember.

"Oh," she replies, obviously disappointed. "Okay, let me go get changed." She starts to walk away from me but I pull her back in for another kiss.

"Are you okay?" I question, knowing what she'll say.

"Of course," she replies with a forced smile. "I don't care if we spend the afternoon with the guys."

She says she doesn't care, but her eyes tell a different story.

1 comment:

  1. yay!!!!!!! so glad you updated this story, and I promise I wont get mad as long as you don;t take another year to post again. lol Can't wait to see where you take this story :)

    ReplyDelete